Kellie is a Certified Dare to LeadTM and Certified Daring WayTM Facilitator, qualified to teach the life-changing work of Dr. Brené Brown.
Dr. Brown is a research professor at the University of Houston and four-time New York Times best-selling author. She has spent years researching leadership and organizational cultures. She interviewed 150 global C-suite level executives on the future of leadership, asking: “What, if anything, about the way people are leading today needs to change in order for leaders to be successful in a complex, rapidly changing environment?” Brené wrote in her 2018 book Dare to Lead, “There was one answer across the interviews: We need braver leaders and more courageous cultures.” This is the first of her books to address the business world.
Based on her research, Brené developed Dare to Lead – an empirically based courage-building program. It’s a game-changer for leaders at all levels. Dare to Lead includes facilitation, self-reflection, practical activities, and videos hosted by Brené on the four teachable, observable, and measurable courage skill sets:
· Rumbling with Vulnerability: Facing risk, uncertainty, and emotional exposure with courage and clarity.
· Living into our Values: Identifying, operationalizing, and practicing the beliefs that we hold most important.
· BRAVING Trust: Creating or deepening connections in relationships and teams based on the seven elements of trust.
· Learning to Rise: Learning and growing from the failures, setbacks, and disappointments that are inevitable when we are brave with our lives.
Daring leaders are self-aware, know how to have hard conversations, hold themselves and others accountable, build trust, lead with empathy and connection, take smart risks that lead to innovation, reset quickly after disappointments and setbacks, and give and receive feedback – especially when it’s tough.
Kellie offers keynotes, workshops, and the full 24-hour curriculum. All are available virtually.
- Can be offered over three consecutive days or split into sessions that span several consecutive weeks. Some companies have opted for a monthly session.
- Graduates of the program receive a Dare to Lead Trained certificate and can display a Dare to Lead Trained badge on LinkedIn and on their CVs.
- Includes multiple videos of Brené explaining the concepts.
- Workbook with overview of four courage skills and exercises
- Reflection questions
- Discussions in small groups
- Maximum 20 participants
- Graduates can receive materials and a facilitation guide to lead groups at their organization through the concepts.
- Public workshops available: to receive notifications, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Half-day or full-day format
- Virtual: Maximum number of participants dependent on video platform used
- In person: Maximum 40
- No certificate or badge
- 1.5 to 2 hours
- Virtual and in-person delivery: no maximum number of participants